Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The very best blueberry zucchini muffins, ever. Seriously.

In the past few weeks, we've been making a lot of almond milk in our house. It seems impossible to find any at the store that isn't packed with a bunch of sugar and preservatives, and we're not big cow milk users-- but we do eat cheese every now and again. Anyhow, with a 12 month old and an 8 year old, we go through some milk, which means we make a lot of it... which means we end up with a lot of almond pulp... which means we BAKE!

I started with Paleomg's blueberry muffins (http://paleomg.com/simple-blueberry-muffins/)**,which are so incredibly rich and delicious to begin with, I really didn't HAVE to change that recipe at all. But, it's me. I can't resist, so I changed it anyway. And this time I actually paid a little bit of attention to measurements!

Here is her original list of ingredients, with what I changed/added in parenthesis:

  • 1 cup almond butter (2/3 cup)
  • 1 cup almond meal/almond flour
  • (1 TBS coconut flour)
  • 3 eggs, whisked
  • ½ cup Raw Honey
  • ⅓ cup Unsweetended Shredded Coconut
  • ⅓ cup Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • ¼ teaspoon sea salt
  • pinch of cinnamon
  • ½ cup fresh blueberries (1 cup)
  • (1/2-1 cup grated zucchini-- squeeze out as much excess moisture as you can before adding)
  • (a couple hands full of chopped pecans)

**I hope she doesn't mind me mangling her recipe and posting it here. 

Anyway, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment