Luckily, there's a great paleo pancake recipe out there, but I'll have to ask my better half what it is and where to find it. Crepes are also a wonderful option. Instead of milk and flower, I really enjoyed the recipe from this website: http://janeshealthykitchen.com/paleo-crepes/#.UUhqdRj34jE. We filled them with homemade fruit compote thickened with arrowroot powder (no sugar) and a bacon/spinach mix, all topped with chopped pecans. Want to impress someone with some fru-fru looking food that's also super tasty? Do this.
As for those mornings, like mine today, where you don't have anyone to impress and you're just plain hungry and you don't really care what it looks like, I'd like to recommend this....
It still looks kind of pretty because this is before it gets cooked and stirred together, and I'm sure someone out there could make it pretty. Feel free to post a photo if you do.
In this bowl, I put layers of:
- almond flower
- blueberries
- strawberries
- cashews
- coconut milk
Cook it all together for a few minutes-- add water or almond milk if you need/want to-- stir it, then enjoy. It's not oatmeal, and it's SO much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment